It's official, we are true Brits now! Meet Meeka our Nissan Micra! Isn't it the cutest little European car you've ever seen? It cost 500 British pounds, so about 900 American dollars. Cars are dirt cheap here because of their little engines. It gets 47 mpg in town, and has a little 1.0 liter engine, so it's basically a motorcycle on four wheels with a roof haha. It is SO WEIRD driving on the left side of the road here. Daniel did such a good job, especially since he even had to shift on the left side (so weird). We are going to go out late one of these nights and practice driving and shifting on the left. I have no problem with stick shift, I am just nervous about driving on the left side! We have had to re-train our brains a little bit. I think we are finally used to looking right first before crossing a road...the first few days we were here were a little rough in that aspect-I'm pretty sure we almost walked right in front of a bus a few times. Daniel and I both received callings in church on sunday, he will be with the young men, and I will be the young women's secretary! We are soo excited. But that was our main reason for buying a car. Our church is 10 miles away in a town called Stanley, and there are literally no buses that go out there on Sundays-so we have been mooching rides off of people in our ward for two weeks now. We knew we had to get a car, especially if we are going to be at mutual activities each Wednesday as well. It will just make it a little bit easier, and help us to do our callings the best we can! Can't wait for all the road trips that are going to happen in this little beaut.




Ok, you are so adorable. ENGLAND? What a dream! This is my first post reading & I think it is so fun. haha!
ReplyDeleteThank you Amanda!! You are the sweetest.
DeleteHow do you find the weather? And the awkward accent? After 9 years on British soil I've gotten used to the funny little things they're considered awkward elsewhere. And driving was fun at the beginning. xx
ReplyDeleteThe weather where we are is actually not bad! It is usually partly cloudy most days, and it has only rained once during the 2 weeks we have been here. Apparently northeast England has more sunny days than southern England, but it's definitely colder!
DeleteAs for the accent, I swear sometimes they are not speaking English haha, especially where we live, the accent is very heavy and Scottish sounding! That's awesome you lived here for 9 years!! I want to live here for a long time :)
Thanks for your comment!
k how cool is that car?? I just found your blog and I am loving it! I'm your newest follower. I have always wanted to go to england :)
ReplyDeletemadelinewhite11.blogspot.com
Thanks so much girl!! I'm definitely going to be following your blog too :)
Deletehaha that must feel really confusing. when we lived in china we drove in hong kong and it was bonkers.
ReplyDelete