As many of you probably know, our flat is very white, bright, and plain. A few weeks ago our friend Albert-or Pottsy as everyone calls him, gave us some old curtains that he found in his house. He said they were there when he moved in several years ago, and he never used them. His house is over 100 years old, so who knows how old these curtains are. All I know is that I love them and their retro-shabbiness. I picked up this pot of Geraniums yesterday for £2.50, and loved the color-which is similar to the slowly changing leaves on the trees outside. It's amazing what a pop of color can do to a room. Fall is knocking on the door here in Durham. I was surprised with how warm the weather has been since we arrived, but as of Wednesday I think fall is pretty much almost here. The leaves are changing gradually, and I can't wait to get some pictures once they are vibrant and colorful. Everything is still pretty green here. To save money, we haven't turned on our boiler to heat our flat just yet, so it is a little chilly. We are sticking it out until it gets a little colder. As I type this i'm wearing my winter coat, and we may or may not have a wool sock stuffed in our mail slot on our front door so cold air doesn't get in. Come on fall, get here faster with your pretty colors and chilly air so I can take pictures and turn on my boiler.

okay most adorable blog! you are darling!
ReplyDeleteThanks Abigail! Your blog is dang cute!
Deletedon't you love how color can brighten up your mood and your house? goodness i sure do love it. ps. you take breathtaking photos!
ReplyDelete