Thursday, May 1, 2014

First Stop: London


Shopping in Harrods! We didn't buy anything, obviously!

Big Ben picture overload? Maybe. It's one of my most favorite things to see in London, and I had never seen it at night before, so that was awesome. The first day of our England and France trip with Daniel's parents, started with taking a train from Durham to King's Cross. I think trains might be my favorite way of transportation. It was so nice to see the beautiful English countryside, while only taking a few hours to get to London. When we got there, we pretty much spent the rest of the day exploring, riding the tube, and stuffing ourselves (and I mean STUFFING) at one of our favorite Brazilian restaurants. The next day we ate at the most darling cafe for breakfast, which had the most delicious and fluffy blueberry pancakes. I also had the best English muffin I have ever had (In England, go figure). We rode the tube some more, admired the beautiful and colorful homes, and window shopped until it was time to catch our flight to Nice. I can't even express how much I love London. I would live here in a heartbeat. It was so much fun showing Daniel's parents around, and sharing our love of this city and country with them! Daniel's mom loved it when she would hear "mind the gap" and "Piccadilly." We had so much fun!

8 comments:

  1. I love riding the trains too :) The countryside is just amazing. Can't wait to see the Nice posts...that was where we took our first trip and it was so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! Isn't Nice so beautiful?! We loved it there!

      Delete
  2. I love that top picture. And the eleventh picture from the top of you and Daniel. So neat that you were able to have your In-Laws visit and then travel with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bre!! It was SO fun to have them here!

      Delete
  3. Ugh this just really makes me miss London. If there is one country I would move to if I could, I would pick the UK and most specifically I would pick London. My favorite way of transportation is definitely trains. I think they are so relaxing and you can see so much of the country side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. London truly is amazing! And trains are SO relaxing, I love it! Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  4. I feel the same way about London. I'm hoping to bring the hubster over there sometime. Seriously, if I could live anywhere outside of the US, it would be London, for sure! These pictures made me miss it so much. Now I'm sad. Nice going, Rachael. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great right? And sorry for making you sad :( come visit!! :)

      Delete