Thursday, May 8, 2014

France Day Two


On our tourist bus!
The street our hotel was on. You can't really read it but it says Hotel Antares. 
Day two in Nice was probably my favorite day in France. We decided to be as touristy as possible and take the tour bus around the city, and we could get on and off the bus as often as we wanted. 
Seriously, the best decision we made this whole trip! It saved our sore feet from walking for a bit, and we got to see parts of the city that we wouldn't have seen otherwise. What a beautiful city Nice is. I just adore the architecture and vibrant colors of the buildings. Add in a few palm trees and crystal blue water, and its paradise! Cathedrals, olive trees, museums, bath ruins, and posh houses were just a few of what we saw that day. We ate lunch at an outside cafe while listening to a (really good) street band, and literally waited over an hour for our food (I miss American customer service!). The food was good though, and afterwards we finished it off with some gelato while walking around the square. Daniel's gelato of choice: passion fruit. Mine: cookies and cream with fudge. We rode the tour bus around the city some more, before heading to our hotel to change our clothes for the beach/dinner. We skipped rocks into the Mediterranean sea, almost got knocked over by a few big waves, and ended with a walk along the promenade to watch the sunset. We ended the day at the cutest little French/Italian restaurant with outside seating and a live jazz band. We ate some delicious food, and I got to dance with my love. It was an amazing day for sure.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my beautiful. I've always wanted to go to Southern France, and this has confirmed it for me! Wish we could come visit and party with you. Unfortunately, we are terrified of the monsters in Australia...I can't wait to see what kind of stories and adventures you have there, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nat!! Yeah, I think I read a new article every day that freaks me out about Australia's creatures!...haha! I'm sure I'll have some good stories to share :)

      Delete