Hey there! You’re probably surprised that we haven’t been
eaten by some exotic animal/ insect/ reptile/ bird that resides in Australia ….we
have officially survived over a month! Although there have been some close
encounters, ha ha! But I'm back, with a new name and look for the blog (used to be called Idaho to England, in case someone is reading this and wondering who I am and why they are following me, haha) We have officially lived in Australia for over a month...and we are loving it here! When we first got to Australia, we lived in a house with a bunch of Daniel's teammates. That was hard. We had no wifi, no channels on tv, no car to drive, and the guys were not the cleanest. Just not the greatest living conditions. We had lizards in our house!! And while all the guys were gone at training, I was home alone in a house with nothing to do and nobody to talk to! (besides the lizards.) In our bedroom I found a bunch of random books, and just started reading. I finished a couple books, one in particular was a great read about the Ebola virus! Kind of creepy but so interesting. Those are the things you do when you have nothing else to do, haha!
I am currently
working full time as a nanny and we are living with the family I nanny for. (A blessing from Heavenly Father, because I could not have survived another day in that bachelor pad house.) I
average 11-12 hours a day Monday through Thurday, and these people don’t have
wifi so basically I am shut off from the world most days. Right now I'm posting from the local library, but some days I may branch out and use Mcdonalds free wifi! Haha we are expert free wifi finders now. However hard the weeks may be, we live for the weekends. The blessed long
weekends!! But anyways, that’s my excuse for not posting in a while. This month has been a crazy one indeed. The move from England felt
like it happened so fast. I was nervous…SUPER nervous about the flights there because:
1. If you remember from THIS post about our flight to England , it was
a rough one. Since this was a much longer flight, I was nervous it would be
much worse.
2. We were flying on Malaysia airlines…yes THE Malaysia
Airlines. I thought every Lost episode we ever watched was going to come to
life reaaaal soon.
Leaving England was hard. I will never forget staring out the window at the beautiful,
green English countryside as our plane took off from Newcastle airport. I didn't want to leave.
All I needed was a parachute and an open window and down I would have jumped. I
never expected us to love England
as much as we did. Living there literally changed us. We went places we never thought we would go,
ate things we never thought we would eat, tried new things, did things that scared
us, and most of all, met people that made us want to be better. I no longer
consider our English friends “friends.” They are our English family. I can’t
keep going on them, or this will turn into a sappy post (I’ll save that for
another day!) but let’s just say, we would die for those people, and we miss
them too much. 9 months went by too fast. Anyways, back to the flight. It felt like a blur. It hadn’t
really hit us that we were leaving England
and moving to AUSTRALIA ….so
the flight was actually pretty relaxing and went by fast. The food was good,
they had nice movies, and it was a comfortable flight. We got plently of sleep
unlike our flight to England .
![]() |
| Watching the sunset go down somewhere over the middle east. |
| Kuala Lumpur Airport |
| Kuala Lumpur Malaysia Airport bathroom. Never seen one of these before! |
Kuala Lumpur Airport was awesome! It was literally in the middle of a jungle. We arrived in Brisbane
28 hours later. We basically time traveled. We arrived at night, so we didn’t
see much at first, besides a few koala bear and kangaroo crossing signs (how cool right).
The week after arriving was spent sleeping, getting over jet
lag, eating loads of the freshest fruit we have ever eaten (it’s also so cheap
here), and getting the feel of our city. Brisbane
is a good mix between America
and England .
It basically feels like we are living in America , but driving on the left
side of the road, and people talk a little different….”gid eye mite, ya alroit
this avo?” Translation: “Whats up, are you having a good night?” hahaha luckily
living in England
has helped us a ton with understanding this accent. I love it! It’s definitely
not as hard to understand as Geordie is!

Glad to hear from you again.
ReplyDeleteYay! Loved the update! Can't wait to hear more!
ReplyDelete