Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Koala Park


Dingos. The prettiest wild dogs. They look so harmless and cute!
Baby kangaroo in the pouch!
That neck scratch must have felt real good!

I am pretty impressed with how often I have been able to blog the past couple weeks. One of the reasons for that is, Daniel and I have our own car now! We were using the car I was given for work, but it would get awkward trying to ask the people I work for to use it every time we wanted to go somewhere, so now we get to use an extra car that Daniel's soccer team owns, and that nobody drives (for good reason, haha). It's a 1985 Toyota, that has an 8 track player! Pretty sweet huh!
We dig it.  The family we live with live in a wealthy part of town, so we get some awesome looks from people as we come clunking down the street! Everyone is so chill here, so they don't care. Anyways, we usually drive to the library after work so we can  use wifi to catch up on emails, blog, and let our families know we are still alive. These next two weeks are "winter break" for every child 
in Australia. So this would be like our Christmas break in America! It still throws me off that the seasons are opposite here! This means, I get to entertain two kids alll day long for two weeks (instead of the older kid going to school all day). Today was an awesome day though. Daniel and I took the two kiddos I nanny to a Koala Sanctuary, also called Koala Park. They have tons of Koala's that they have rescued but tons of other animals too. Basically a zoo. It was amazing, and we got to feed Kangaroos which are now officially my new favorite animal. They are seriously the cutest little things. They were so gentle eating the food out of our hands, and their fur was so soft. I'm pretty sure we had  more fun than the kids did!  We can check that off our bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment