Friday, March 7, 2014

Iphoneography

Poor sleepy graduate student. And wearing gloves because our flat is always freezing cold.
The best surprise on Valentine's Day from my mom! It's an English Lavender plant and it smells so good!
Got this card in the mail from my 9 year old brother Tommy. The message inside said, "I wish you guys could come home right now." Made me cry!
I was looking at the home goods clearance section in TK Maxx a few weeks ago, and I hear Daniel yell my name from across the store. I come around the corner and he is holding this bottle with wide eyes and a huge smile. I'm sure we were a sight for our fellow shoppers.We may have been a little excited. Aaaand we left right away to go make some waffles. There isn't good maple syrup anywhere in England, so this was like the find of the century. TK Maxx has become my miracle store...the day before Thanksgiving this year I found two cans of Libby's pumpkin puree' and nearly cried happy tears right there. I love you, TK Maxx!! PS I just realized how much of that we have already eaten! Yikes! We have a problem..
Woke up to this man right outside my kitchen window. He looked a lot closer in person. I wonder what he thought of my penguin pajamas. And pretty sure he could hear Daniel and I giggling about the whole situation.
The prettiest door in Durham
Tins of hot dogs. Ew.
Best care package from my mother-in-law. Feels like Christmas with all of our favorite American treats!
A little late afternoon football with our matching CTR cleats.




6 comments:

  1. Silly Rachael - the hotdogs in a can just mean that they are extra fancy. I mean, the brand name even starts with "Ye Olde..." which means that it's just THAT much fancier. Just keeping it classy in the UK... but seriously - GROSS! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha they are always keepin it classy here! :) So funny and totally gross!

      Delete
  2. i'm glad I'm not the only one who likes pure sugar syrup… everyone thinks i'm weird for not liking pure maple syrup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! The sugary fake stuff is where it's at! haha.

      Delete
  3. I agree hotdogs in a tin are disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I know alllllll about missing family and solid American goodies right now... what I wouldn't do for a stack of pancakes.

    ReplyDelete