Wednesday, July 2, 2014

3rd Anniversary



Our anniversary was back in May, 3 days after moving to Australia. We were jet lagged, lost in a new city, and not to mention sharing a room with a guy and a house and car with 3 other guys, We were just so exhausted and tired of traveling to do anything or go anywhere. We made up for it a month later by doing a fun beach trip to Noosa Beach on the Sunshine Coast, which was so fun! Our 3rd year has been the most epic yet. Our 2nd Anniversary was spent making the cross country move from Pennsylvania back to Idaho, with every possession we owned in a trailer towed behind our car, which we slept in. That was the first day of the most intense year of traveling and moving ever. Living in Idaho that summer was amazing, and being so close to family is something I still cherish. That was the first time we had ever lived close to family, even if it was only for a few months. We had so much fun, but also went through many trials that summer as well. But it is a summer we will never forget.
And then came the move to England. Where we spent the best 9 months of our lives. I can't even describe it, I don't know if there are words. But it changed us for the better. From riding the tube in London, road trips around the UK in a tiny car, listening to bagpipes in Scotland, dancing to a jazz band on the French Riviera, trying new foods, creepy hostels, not understanding what the heck people are saying most of the time, I can say with confidence that we lived it up this year. We ended our 3rd year with a giant leap of faith, moving to Australia. I am so grateful I get to do all of this with my best friend by my side and not to mention with the support of our families constantly. It makes all the difference. Through the best of times, and the hardest times, I know the people I love the most are always there. Here's to 3 years! I can't wait to see what the rest of year 4 brings.




5 comments:

  1. Oh my heck! I am so glad that you commented on my blog cause then I got to see your blog! You and the hubs are too dang cute together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Happy ANNI! You guys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just found your blog--you two are the cutest. and SUCH a cute little video!!

    ReplyDelete