Friday, August 22, 2014

Paradise with a View

As I mentioned with my last post, I am so behind on all my blog posts. I work nearly 50 hours a week, have no wifi at home, so can you blame me really? Daniel and I just spent the last hour looking through some past blog posts of our life in England. Sometimes I find blogging annoying, and put it on the bottom of my list of things to do, but looking back at our England pictures and reading the funny stories that happened to us, just warmed my heart and made me want to blog more.  
It also made me really homesick for England, and now I’m craving fish n chips and Cadbury chocolate…sorry Australia, you don’t do chocolate nearly as good as England. So here we go, this is another post from nearly a month ago, when Daniel had an entire week off of soccer, and no game on the weekend, so we got to have a nice long weekend in Surfer’s Paradise and Byron Bay. We drove the 40 minute drive to Surfer’s and spent the day surfing our hearts out. We stayed in a hotel with a beautiful view of the coast.

The view outside our hotel balcony.
About to go surfing!
I am so obsessed with surfing. 
There is nothing in the world like floating on your board in the clearest water you've ever seen, 
just waiting for the next wave to roll in. 

That night we ate steaks at a quaint Irish Pub…which again made us homesick for English pubs! Seriously, what doesn’t remind us of England nowadays.. 
But it was great food, and had a live band 
that was playing “Drops of Jupiter” by Train as we walked in, 
so we knew it was going to be a good night. 
They were awesome!

Afterwards, we were walking around the town and found a colorful looking restaurant called San Churros Choclateria. CHOCOLATERIA. WHAT. A restaurant dedicated to chocolate? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!! I think the waitress could see the wild look in my eye, 
as we eagerly took our seats and ordered from the menu. I ordered the Chocolate Fudge Biscocho. 
Chocolate cake with a thick layer of hot fudge, topped with strawberries covered in melted chocolate, with a heaping portion of white chocolate ice cream on top.  I go big or go home people. And you just gained a few pounds reading this, sorry! It was delicious, obviously. Daniel ordered their famous churros with melted milk chocolate to dip them in. He loved them. am not even ashamed to say that we have been back to this same restaurant 4 times now…ok maybe a little ashamed. We discovered there is one only 15 minutes away from our home. Deadly I tell you! Good thing we have gym memberships!

 It’s a known fact that Australia has some incredible sunsets. But I have been dying to see a sunrise on the beach here. Well my wish came true. We woke up early to watch this beauty unfold. Sitting on the balcony in the early morning with my love,  watching the sunrise come up over this beautiful place was the perfect way to end our stay in Surfer’s Paradise. We ate breakfast at a cute outside cafĂ©, and got a call from our friends who were an hour south in Byron Bay. They wanted to meet up with us, so we left an hour later. We had been wanting to see this place, so it was the perfect opportunity. Overall, it was a great weekend, and we had so much fun enjoying the Aussie life!




No comments:

Post a Comment